31 Mar 2009

20 YEARS OF "THE SIMPSONS"

Hard to believe… ‘The Simpsons’ has been around for 20 years….

The series was created by Matt Groening, who designed the Simpson family and named the characters after his own family members, substituting “Bart” for his own name.


There’s one important date in history for all fans of the Simpsons: Dec 17, 1989. It’s the day when first full length episode of The Simpsons was aired.
This post is about The Simpsons. You will find a little history, art and other funny, odd and interesting things that relate to this awesome TV Show.


Ok, let’s begin. As you probably already know, the birth of Simpsons was in The Tracey Ullman Show on April 19, 1987. I don’t want to get into details, because nowadays you can find everything in wikipedia so if you would like to know more about that click here: The Simpsons shorts , in meantime I thought it would be nice to remember how those Simpsons looked like…
Simpsons from on Tracey Ullman Show


Homer always has been an outstanding figure. A man who can teach a lot. A man who can we all learn from. So I’d like to share a little peace of his wisdom and knowledge. Homer’s quotes:


Just because I don’t care doesn’t mean I don’t understand.
Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They’re about to announce the lottery numbers.


Doughnuts. Is there anything they can’t do?
You know, boys, a nuclear reactor is a lot like a woman. You just have to read the manual and press the right buttons.


Son, when you participate in sporting events, it’s not whether you win or lose: it’s how drunk you get.


Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.
I want to share something with you: The three little sentences that will get you through life. Number 1: Cover for me. Number 2: Oh, good idea, Boss! Number 3: It was like that when I got here.


All my life I’ve had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life’s problems.
If something’s hard to do, then it’s not worth doing.

No comments: