24 Dec 2008

ABSTRACT:DESIRE

My fiancee and I were recently invited to a friends house for dinner. I noticed two paintings they had on their wall signed by an artist named Desir. I was so amazed & inspired by what I saw...I did a quick pencil sketch and knew I had to give a try. I asked them about the painting and they advised it was a gift and they had no clue as to who it was done by, they like the colors because it matched thier furnishings. The paintings were done in oil and I tried to research the name of this artist but came up with nothing. A few days later I painted both from memory & the quick sketch. I did them in watercolor on 18x24 Strathmore 14lb cold press paper. I am currently redoing them again using acrylic on 18x24 canvas board. I will post the results for comparative purposes if any one is interested.

No comments: