28 Dec 2008

INTERPRETING TRENDS WITH LUELLA

I know that at times, I watch models strut down the runway in outfits that I not only can't squeeze my right thigh into, I have absolutely no place where the clothes are appropriate! Fashion can sometimes seem unfriendly to the regular woman who goes to the office, drops her kids off at school, has PTA meetings and goes on date night with her significant other. I have to remind myself that fashion shows are just that: shows. Those sky-high hemlines will be five inches longer by the time they hit stores and maybe you won't have a gazillion ruffles and bows on your shirt - just 99.

Anyway, I'm going to show you some Luella fashions, which were delightful and colorful, but may leave you scratching your head a little. I'll take the outfits apart and suggest what you can wear to work, while leaving the showier aspects on the runway.
I think you can take this one almost as-is. The skinny trousers are perfect and I like the brightness of the top. All right, leave the hat at home.



The top is adorable and could work for the office. The skirt? Not so much, save it for the weekend.


I love this cardigan's easy structure with the highly tailored slacks. I'd unbutton the top a little, but overall, this is a nice casual Friday look.



Finally, this isn't the last you'll see of the cropped, close-fitting jacket. This one has feminine details that give it a nice touch.


See? Fashion can be friendly, if you know how to work the trends to suit you.

No comments: